Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MindMeister, the best collaborative mind mapping software out there.
- Why Learning to Code is So Damn Hard
- I started my code journey very young and this arc was spread over 30 years for me, but it’s an accurate description of the learning curve when getting into software development.
- Appendix: Google’s website crawlers
- Did you know you can specifically address Google crawlers with
googlebotmeta tags and element classes? I didn’t.
- .bashrc generator
- Via OneThingWell, a drag and drop tool to generate your custom Bash prompt.
- Stupid Tricks with Promoted Tweets
- I love Andy Baio’s mind sometimes. Some creative uses for a Twitter feature you’d probably rather didn’t exist.
- Edit Droplr Notes Online
- This is great. Too often I’ve had to let a mistake slide in a note I pushed to Twitter, or had to create multiple notes because I didn’t catch an error before sending. Droplr continues to be my file/link/note sharing service of choice.
And in case you didn’t know, creating a Droplr note lets you choose a type: “Code” gets highlighted, “Markdown” gets rendered, and “Plain text” gets left alone.