Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MightyDeals.com, featuring great deals on software, training, and design resources.
- Weekend Read
- A great app that makes reading screenplays and scripts on your iPhone a pretty damn good experience. It handles Final Draft, PDFs, Fountain and Markdown files, and imports from Mail, Dropbox and the web.
- InstantClick JS lib to make your website instant
- If it weren’t for server load increase and required script refactoring that I don’t have time to tackle, I’d probably test this out today… It essentially turns your website into a single-page application using pjax and hover/click handlers to preload content.
- Goodbye, Editorially
- I loved this web app, and am sad to see it go. I applaud the team for making the decision fairly early on, though. Thankfully, we still have (the amazing) Draft.
- Why “just use Adblock” should never be a professional answer
- A good read from Christian Heilmann on the effects of web advertising.
- This Is Not A Conspiracy Theory
- An interesting-looking documentary from the creator of Everything Is A Remix. Published as a paid subscription with multiple installments in the series.
- This web app has received a lot of attention around the web in the last couple of days. It highlights readability issues in text. Marked 2 can actually do a lot of this, but Hemingway is a pretty handy tool you can use for free.