Web excursions brought to you by MindMeister, the best collaborative mind mapping software out there.
A quick PSA off the top for SearchLink users: the iTunes Search API is currently a little wonky. The instability is related to the iOS 7 launch and may last a couple of weeks. It will be back soon!
I’ve been short on time for exploring the net (and writing in general) this week due to a combination of a large project at the day job and the fact that I’m gearing up for a Marked 2 launch next week. Here are some top picks from my last week of surfing, nonetheless.
- MultiMarkdown 4.3.1 released
- In case you missed it, Fletcher Penney’s MultiMarkdown now includes inline footnotes with a very simple syntax. No need for my little Service hack now, just use
[^this is the footnote text]and it gets converted to a link and a footnote at the end. Super/sub text was recently added as well (
^/~prefix).The upcoming Marked 2 release includes the latest version of MultiMarkdown, inline footnotes and all.
- Clean Links
- A handy little one-purpose app that cleans up links and removes things like Google Analytics query strings. It supports the x-callback-url scheme, which lets you use it quickly and easily with apps like Tweetbot, Drafts and Notesy.
- On Apple, the new iPhones and points made and missed
- Excellent post and thoughts on Apple from Victor Agreda Jr. over at TUAW.
- OmniFocus 2 for iPhone
- I received the beta for OmniFocus 2 just a little bit ago, and it’s already out on the App Store.
It’s still missing a few things that I was hoping for in the update, and there additional features that are in-progress but not implemented yet (TextExpander support, for example). Nonetheless, the update is gorgeous and improves navigation and organization features.
- Paper, Digital or Online Mind Mapping?
- A mind map about mind mapping, comparing paper and digital mapping.
- iTextEditors updates
- The iTextEditors chart continues to grow. I’ve been pruning out apps that are no longer maintained/available, but enough new editors are coming along every week that it’s still growing. The most recent updates in the list are marked with a blue asterisk.