Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MightyDeals.com, featuring great deals on software, training, and design resources.
That’s right, Web Excursions two days in a row. It’s been a nice, quiet weekend and I’ve had a little extra time to explore…
- I missed this when it was new, but I’m glad I found it now. It’s such a handy plugin, especially for web designers. It displays pixel dimensions and file size for any image you QuickLook (including
qlmanage -pfrom the command line).
- Test Internet Connection Speed from the Command Line
- A handy trick for testing your network speed from the command line. I’ve already forgotten where I found this, so I apologize for the lack of attribution.
- A slick web-based tool for local or cloud git repositories which simplifies managing a repo. It offers a drag-and-drop interface for working with branching, merging, commiting, etc. Node.js-based and very pretty.
- Tear-able Cloth - CodePen
<canvas>demo is amazing.
- PRSM - The Sharing Network
- Via @viticci with a hat tip to Stephen Hackett, a humorous but sobering take on the social… everything.