Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Creatable and The Graphic Design Booster Bundle. Featuring 7 Mac apps, 4 design packs containing over 200 mockups and 8 video courses on subjects like becoming a pro graphic designer, getting started with Illustrator and affinity design for beginners. Check it out!
- A nice file upload handling service with a very easy API. Very similar to filepicker.io with support for direct uploads, Facebook, Dropbox, Google Drive, Instagram or from any URL. It includes a pretty good post/on-the-fly API for processing images, too. Uploadcare provides drop-in libraries for Objective-C, PHP, Java and Node for incorporating into apps.
- Wi-Fi connections stalling on AirPort Extreme with 7.6.3 firmware
- I’ve been having some wacky wifi issues recently. Switching my Airport Extreme to 802.11n-only seemed to fix it for the most part, but downgrading my firmware based on Marco’s recommendation finished the job. If you’re having similar issues with an Airport Extreme, this might be the solution for you, too. Via Kai Wells.
- Release Your Software
- This is an awesome new feature from GitHub. It’s like git-flow with an interface that makes sense to users of open source projects. Plus, you can attach binaries to releases, which brings back the “Downloads” days of yore.
- Hidden OS X features or tips and tricks
- Sent to me by Alex Krivov, this is a huge compilation of some of OS X’s lesser-known features. When you look at it all together, you realize the time and attention to detail that has gone into the operating system. My favorite among the ones I wasn’t already familiar with: typing Control-Delete right after an accented character will remove just the accent. Useless to me in most cases, but again, attention to detail.
- This utility is available through
brew install sendemailand it’s much easier than setting up sendmail. You can cat an HTML file directly to it and set a few arguments to send beautiful emails right from shell scripts. It’s how the Giveaway Robot is communicating now…
- Configuring Gmail as Sendmail email relay
- If you are going to use sendmail, though, here’s a fairly straightforward way to set it up with GMail as the SMTP relay. I assume you could apply these steps to other relay auth setups if you decided not to let Google read all of your stuff…
Support BrettTerpstra.com by checking out the great apps in The Graphic Design Booster Bundle!