Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MightyDeals.com, featuring great deals on software, training, and design resources.
- The Alfred version of the iTunesIcon script. Thanks to Max Jacobson.
- Fargo 0.55
- I’ve previously mentioned Fargo, the web-based outliner. This release now supports Markdown, which opens some interesting possibilities, I think. Via Alan Sandercock.
- An unofficial API for the Nest thermostat written in Node.js. Get status, set the temperature and more. You can find it in use in a Nest panel for Status Board by Bob VanderClay.
- BugHub - For GitHub
- This is a really nice way to handle Github issues in a native Mac app. Also available for iPad.
- Red Sweater Blog - Fire & Forget Scripting
- If you happen to use FastScripts, this new trick is awesome. Instead of long-running scripts pausing the app, they just fire off on separate processes. Handy, and just a terminal command away.