Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MightyDeals.com, featuring great deals on software, training, and design resources.
- Draft. Write Better.
- An online writing tool that you have to try. Version control and collaboration with full diff views, Markdown, publishing, tweeting (with stats), export to local files, Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, Box, even an FTP server. Also, word count, reading level scores, image upload and linking, notes and comments1… all in a plain text editor that’s beautiful to look at.
- Some Ulysses III Themes for Marked
- These look great. I should hire that Poritsky guy.
- Nifty tip for retaining the detachable plug on an Apple Power Supply
- I must do this. I always find my “duck heads” when I’m not looking for them and don’t need them, never when I am or do. Plus, I love that Steve heat tested the Sugru for the post.
- An app that integrates bookmarking across all your browsers into a menubar, using Evernote as a hub. I’m not ditching Pinboard for an Evernote-based system, but it’s a pretty nifty idea.
- Pointed out by Justin Blanton, this really is an amazing weather site. They’ve packed in as much info as some of the crazier sites, but made it look great. And the Time Machine is awesome.