Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MightyDeals.com, featuring great deals on software, training, and design resources.
- Active Markdown: an experiment
- Very cool idea using variables and formula within Markdown documents, with a Tangle type of interface for live adjustment. I don’t have a practical use for this right now, but it’s highly intriguing. [via Noah Paessel]
- New user interface for ExpanDrive 3/Mac
- A long-time favorite of mine got a much-needed makeover.
- Google, destroyer of ecosystems
- This is a great piece by Aldo Cortesi regarding Google’s exit of the RSS marketplace and why they never should have been there to begin with.
- A nifty file manager for Terminal. Browse directory trees, edit, preview, open, copy and remove files and more, all with a “visual” interface. [via Larry Hynes]
- blink(1) from thingm
- Just got two of these in the mail and am having a blast. It’s a USB alert light with full spectrum control over the color, fading and blinking. You can control it from the command line, with scripts or via IFTTT.
- Read Quick for iPad
- Learn to speed read with stories from your own feeds. I haven’t tried it yet, but Rob Corddry was into it enough to ask me to revise his Top 3 picks on the last Systematic. While that’s not going to happen, I will link it.